- Watercolour Materials 1,2,3! – Part 1: What You Need & What You Don’t!
- Watercolour Materials 1,2,3! – Part 2: Watercolour Paper Made Simple!
- Watercolour Materials 1,2,3! – Part 3: Watercolour Paints Made Simple!
- Watercolour Materials 1,2,3! – Part 4: Watercolour Brushes Made Simple!
Learn what a professional watercolour artist has in his drawers!
Join me for Part 3 of the four part series of videos on the materials that I use on a daily basis as a professional artist. Having too much kit can actually be a hindrance when it comes to watercolour painting and so very often as artists we can be suckered into either buying too many art materials or buying the wrong tools for the job.
This video is about watercolour paints. Which brands are good, how many colours do you need, pans or tubes? - all this and more!
Here are the colours in my palette at present. Most of these colours have remained unchanged for years now and I know their inner workings - just like best friends!:
- [The colours in brackets ( ) are substitutes if you are not using Daniel Smith Colours]
- Hansa Yellow Light (Lemon Yellow)
- Naples Yellow
- Yellow Ochre
- Quinacridone Gold
- Isoindoline Yellow (Cadmium Orange)
- Cadmium Red Scarlet Hue
- Burnt Sienna
- Burnt Umber
- Carbazole Violet (Dioxazine Violet)
- Wisteria (No Substitute Available)
- Green Gold
- Green Apatite Genuine (Hookers Green)
- Cobalt Teal Blue (Cobalt Turquoise)
- Prussian Blue
- Ultramarine Blue
- Paynes Grey
- Bloodstone Genuine (No Substitute Available - Granulating Warm Purple Grey)Some extra bullets I sometimes find helpful to add a little extra would be:
- Iridescent Topaz (No Substitute Available - Iridescent Green)
- Iridescent Gold
- Naples Yellow Gouache (Winsor & Newton)
- Permanent White Gouache (Winsor & Newton)
Many of these colours are not exactly what you might expect to see in a landscape painters palette but they work for me and allow me to get some fantastic unique colours & effects that enhance the mood in my paintings. If you love the colour choices and want to get a set that has one of each colour in you can get one here: GREG HOWARD COMPLETE WATERCOLOUR LANDSCAPE & SEASCAPE TUBE SET
Enjoy the videos! P.S: This free series is part of the introduction to my Watercolour Landscape Mastery Program
Looking to buy Watercolour Paints look no further: